EMachines T2885 won't power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPurpleRT

Baseband Member
So, was finishing doing a few things on friend's enw Compaq, and she mentions she wishes she could get her old EMachines going to. I inquire about it. Apparently, the "fan ran all the time and one day it just shut off and refused to power on". PS I thought, and I sniffed it, boy it smelled burnt up.

So I hauled it home and cannabilized a PS off a Compaq I had sitting around. After putting it in, lgiht on the Mobo comes on. hey, that's good, but still no boot. One thing I noticed. I plugged the 20 pin connector in, but this MB also has a 4 pin, square power connector I hadn't seen before, and this PS has no hookup for it. What is this for? Is it necessary?

Also, any other thoughts on this issue welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

ah the 4 pin is for the CPU power....gonna need a psu with the 20+4 pin connector

So that's likely my non-power up issue now huh? Without that plugged in will the pc not even attempt to power on??

Nope, because if it has no CPU it cannot understand any base functions, rendering the whole PC useless. Get a new PSU :D

Well, got brand new PS with 4 pin connector hooked up... Same thing, lighjt is on mobo, but won't power on. When I flip the main power switch on the PS off the fan moves a little on the cpu as well.

One thing, the little 1 pin connector for the power button came out and I'm not positive how it goes back thoguh ive tried many different ways. It was plugged in an 8 pin connector, and like I said, is only 2 pin.

Ideas??

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom