eMachines problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
My friend has a newer eMachines, with retarded Media Center on it. He wanted Windows XP Pro, so I reformatted it and put it on there. Only to find out you can't download chipset drivers for it. It needs the USB Bus Controller drivers..I can't find them anywhere. I looked up the model number of his chipset, etc, can't find them anyway.

Mobo model number is MS-7093, chipset is ATi RS480.

Also, sound card drivers won't work (neither on-board nor his Sound Blaster).

And of course, you can't re-store with a disk because...they didn't give him any, all they gave him were blank disks..a lot of good that does..

What if you were to buy a new HDD for this computer? You're pretty much screwed..

Can anyone help?

eMachines computers are really good actualy for pre-builts. You need to look at the little # on the sticker on the front IE T-5026. Look at that and then take it to the eMachines website. They have support but really you need to look at your motherboard and look for the drivers on their site. For instance if it was an Intel board w/ an Intel chipset then Intel would have support instead. In this case follow the links given to you and go to ATI and Creatives website and use their drivers instead. They typicaly have newer and better drivers anyways.

FlashDude said:
That's the motherboard part number not the model number, This should be your board!!! have a boo

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=RS480M2-IL

and here's all your drivers!

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1

Those are all intel and VIA. The chipset is by ati.

I tried the eMachines site, all they have is BIOS... :confused:

No, I have the soundblaster drivers..but there is an error in device manager. We have the on-board sound working at the moment.

All we need is the chipset drivers to fix the USB Bus.

try disabling the onboard sound from the bios and install the sound blaster drivers. maybe theres a confilct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom