Emachine D3107 Graffix

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentobaku

In Runtime
I recently was given an Emachine D3107. I was told the problem was there was no picture. So I assumed it was the graphics card. So after bringing it home I notice there is an add-in graphic card also in it, but it was loose. So i tightened it up and tried to start it... nothing. So I pulled the card thinking it might be a bad card... Nothing. So then i pulled the card and put in a pci card thinking it might be a bad agp slot... nothing. Now i am wondering if the pc is switching to the new card. I was wondering if there was a way to force the computer to switch to the add-in card since i cant get into bios and manually switch it. I am open to ideas.

So the onboard graphics does not work? That would be a busted onboard graphic card or a BIOS problem. Try resetting BIOS by taking out the watch battery on your board for a few minutes, then put back in.

That too, c0rr0sive... Is that just the PCI-E slot, or the whole board? He didn't say that he heard any beeps or fans running.

According to the link he provided us in his OP, it uses AGP, I just kinda have a feeling either the Motherboard died, or possibly the PSU, we need to know exactly what is going on. :3

Sry took so long to reply... The Fans all run, and from the sounds the machine makes it is posting and probably even booting into windows. There just is absolutely no signal coming out of the on-board, agp, and pci slots. There is no extra beeps anything. I will try to Bios reset and get back to you soon as i can.

Bios Reset did nothing... did notice that the monitor doesn't say "No Signal" it is on "standby". At this point i am kinda leaning towards the mobo is toasty! but am still up for ideas... another thing the pc did not beep when started with out cmos battery inserted. just giving more things i noticed. all fans are working the hdd is spinning and the psu is running normally. the insides look brand new. all cables seated properly. no beep when RAM is removed. Like i said will still try ideas but its seeming TOASTY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom