emachine bios fun (trust me this is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefe

Solid State Member
I am on my friends emachine, with onboard video... he has a serious lack of funds and this video is not cutting it, he has 1GB of ram on here, but the video is only allocated 32mb... I wanted to re-allocate some of the ram to video, say about 256... heh

1. I know I need to go into advanced chipset features : Problem bios is severely limited, only able to adjust AGP apperature size (defaulted at 64)

2. I used everest home to see the processor info, it is an amd board, ECS L7VMM with an athlon XP processor, Everest says it is a 2000+ with 12.5x clockspeed... so I am thinking in their infinite wisdom (sarcasm) took say a 1600 or 1700 and overclocked it via bios, then locked the bios. which is actually illegal since it is outside opporating standards for a company to sell a system pre-overclocked... without the ability to run it at optimal levels.

3. I can't find a good safe (FREE) bios anywhere I look, any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you wanna tell me what to expect in doing so that would be great since in the posts I have read, some of you have flashed and updated bios' a few times in here as well (on emachines) and that being the case, is there even an outside bios I can use to reset so I can access the clock tools?

4. BOTTOM LINE is there a bios out there that will allow me to utilize the overclock tools and be compatible with the ECS L7VMM mobo? I can give more specs if need be

I'm on an eMachine, and I don't know of any outside BIOS that would work.

My card is an AGP w/128MB RAM. The BIOS settings go up to that. Just make sure that you zero out the shared memory for the onboard, and disable the onboard in Device Manager.

I am using a 2000+. It runs at 1.65GHz, and that's stock. I dunno about the multiplier, as I don't feel like rebooting my rig to see what BIOS says about it.

you dont have to reboot to see the multipiler , simply use cpu-z
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download425.html

as for #3 forget about it , theres no universal bios that matches all motherboards and i highly doubt anyone will bother to make a modded bios for an ECS mobo , if it really bothers you that much then get a new motherboard

well again guys it comes down to funds, I am not buying him a new computer LOL... not gonna happen. and trotter my point is that it is all locked down, and won't even show me the stats on it, let alone let me change them. thanks for the input though guys

no one mentioned a new computer , just a new motherboard , and btw you cant change the multipiler in every athlon xp cpu many of em are locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom