Electric Shock from computer case

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Lancer06

Solid State Member
Hey, me experiencing some sort of electrical problem :S:S

any metal part of the computer is electric shockin me when i am bare foot and touchin the metal part :S..

only been happenin since last wk

can any 1 suggest a test or way to determine which hardware is causing this ???

me thinkin the monitor as its VGA cable end was electric shocking me when power was on ...

neways ne help will be welcome

sounds like current leakage to me. you're getting shocked because electricity is running through the case which in itself is not too big of a problem because the case is grounded. when you touch it and you're bare foot though the current passes through you and to the ground.

are you sure it's current from the pc and not just static charge from you?

hey, umm im sure its not from me , cuz i jst touched it again and its still sending this electrical vibe to my finger. but isnt there a grounding thing in the power plug... (the 3 ported plug).

ohhh also when i connected my digital cam via usb, the cam is mostly metal it, it send that electrical vibe from where i make contact ..

would this electrical problem damage my hardwre is ne way:S??

thanks for reply

why isnt there a grounding pin on the powercord!?!?!?! make sure everything is properly plugged in.

ohhh **** i jst relised this extension cord im using is like a cord where my dad attached a plug... mayb the grounding wired :S:S..

but i an using a 4 plug board with 3 extra hahah double adapters :p is taht bad??/

should i get an bigger board :p

ok im gonna try to use the board without the shity homemade extension cord...

thanks guys

hey i jst removed that crappy extension cord which only had the 2 plugs wired :mad: without the ground, thanks for the ideas.

everything is all good nows

cya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom