EHD woes.... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2008, 03:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Question EHD woes....

This one is a little long-winded, sorry.
I just got my Maxtor 1TB OneTouch Plus 4 EHD and the first problem I had was that I was not able to see my c: drive in the manager window. Now I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the fact that I am on a school district network server and that there are restrictions of some sort in place. The second problem is that when I thought I found a way to circumvent the restrictions and began to backup some files, which did get copied to the EHD, I found that was all I could do.
Now when I'm in the manager window and hit click the backup tab an error message says: "backup not available....make sure that your Maxtor OneTounch, have an NTFS-formatted partition." This message appears when I click the Sync button as well. According to the properties menu, it is. After completley re-installing the software and deleting anything copied to drive that it didn't come with, I found the same situation. So then I thought that by re-formatting it I would be able to start from scratch. When I began to format it the backup features in the manager became available (during formatting), the second I canceled the re-formatting, the same error message returned. Nothing on the support site addresses this particular error message, not even the manual. Anyone have any suggestions/experience with this? Help!!

Old 12-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: EHD woes....

Guess not....

Old 12-15-2008, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

How about letting the format finish.
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 :: INTEL i7 920 @3.4 :: XFX GTX260 :: 6gb Corsair 1600 :: Corsair 750TX :: TRUE 120 :: Samsung T240 24" :: Windows 7 X64

I do not accept support questions via PM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Old 12-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to CrazeD Send a message via MSN to CrazeD

Originally Posted by hefemeister View Post
How about letting the format finish.

Intel Q9400 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3P | G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2 1000 | XFX HD5870

Need website help? PM me!
Closed Thread