ECS RS482-M Bios issues / usb and cpu temp HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamjoe16

Solid State Member
so you know I am running an AMD 64 3200+ processor, with the ECS rs482-m board with the latest bios. 1 gig 2X512 400mhz memory and windows xp pro with all of the latest service packs and updates.

I have successfully updated my bios, version: 1.1g and I am still unable to use my canon sd450 camera on my machine via usb. It installs and recognizes the device, but does not show on my taskbar, and when i run canons software, it cant detect the camera, although it does work on different machines. I also found out that i am unable to use a belkin bluetooth adapter via usb, but my hp printer is able to work via usb. I am curious if some of the newer technologies of usb have issues with this board somehow preventing them from working.

I also am still having the problem with the overheating. I have a performance heatsink and fan running on the machine and they are seated properly with heat transfer grease applied. The system idles at around 50 degrees c but when it is under a load, ex. Half life 2, the sytem runs at 67 to 70 and then the auto safety shut off in the bios shuts off the board. I have disabled that setting and played the game for 2 hours and then felt the heatsink and it was barely warm, at most 50 degrees c. While playing the game i have monitored the cpu temp. and it stays under 71 "sopposedly." I believe that the reporting with the bios must be inaccurate. this is the 3rd board that i have had with a second processor and i have had the same issues with all of them.

so you know I am running an AMD 64 3200+ processor, with the ECS rs482-m board with the latest bios. 1 gig 2X512 400mhz memory and windows xp pro with all of the latest service packs and updates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom