EasyTune error? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default EasyTune error?

I recently got a computer with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ at 2.4GHz. Running dxdiag as well as "System" in the Control Panel both agree that the processor is running at 2.4GHz. I even downloaded another program "cpuinfo.exe" which also says the processor runs at 2.4Ghz.

However, whenever I open EasyTune, it instantaneously says the Current Speed is 2400 MHz, then jumps down to 1000 MHz. It will sometimes return to 2400 MHz again. The "Original" speed is constantly at 2400 MHz. Running "Systeminfo" in cmd.exe usually says 2400 MHz, but sometimes 1000 MHZ too.

I know games wouldn't run as well as they do at 1 GHz, so is it possible that EasyTune is getting a bad reading or something? Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

Old 01-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: EasyTune error?

Easytune is probably reading the speed at idle, which is probably only 1k because of cool and quiet. Fire up a game or somthing and run easytune again.
Nothing to see here.
Closed Thread