Dynex wireless PCI card not working with Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazy_taco

In Runtime
I recently bought Vista (32 bit), and after installing it, I cannot get online because of my wireless card not working with Vista. I downloaded the latest drivers for the card (Dynex wireless card ) and after the installation, it seems as though nothing was installed. There is pretty much no way for me to get a wired connection to my router, since my router is in my basement and my computer is on my second floor. Anyone know what I should do? I'd really appreciate some help here.

Here's some specs I guess if you need them:

Processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz

Memory:
2048MB RAM
Hard Drive:
158 GB Western Digital Caviar

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (x2, SLI)

Sound Card:
Creative Sounblaster Audigy 2 ZS 7.1 Surround Sound

The Wireless card:
http://www.dynexproducts.com/pc-456-4-dynex-80211g-enhanced-g-wireless-desktop-card.aspx

EDIT: I called the Dynex tech support, and they actually forwarded my call to Geek Squad, and Geek squad wanted me to pay 50 dollars for their services. This is unbeleivable.

EDIT2: Absolutely nothing on the microsoft support site, and apparently if I want to have instant message support, it will cost me 60 dollars. -.-'

I don't want to sound like a "bummer" but honestly, there isn't much you can do at this point. Since you bought Vista right after it came out, you are stuck with all of Vista's first bugs and defects and as everyone knows, Microsoft usually only fixes these bugs by taking an eon making a service pack that causes even more problems. My advice is to just go buy a new card. It will save you a lot of heartache and trouble in the end. Sorry I couldn't give you a quick fix answer, but that's all one person can do at the time. : (

::-Chase-::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom