dx diag does not detect any of my hardware

highelve0065

Baseband Member
hey guys, just fixing my wife's old computer (i mean really old), i have just reinstalled xp and nothing is being detected, she cant find any of her driver disks, and the network adapter isn't working. normally i would go into dxdiag and find out the hardware and dl the drivers on another machine, but dxdiag isn't detecting anything. if anyone can help me that would be great. thanks

Just look up the model on the manufacturer's website, and download all of the drivers and see which ones install / which ones don't.

What's the brand / model of the computer?

a custom built one from a custom pc building place that she got before she met me. i don't recognize any of the parts, it still uses ide cables for the hard drives.

Like MoM said open it up and physically look at it. It should have a brand / model number printed somewhere on the board.

thanks for the help guys, we ended up find the old driver disks so were all good now, i did open it up and there so much dust its kinda melted onto the pcb and covers almost everything. i think its time for a new computer for her. thanks anyways guys. :)

It'd be a good idea to get rid of the dust. Use canned air, or an air compressor (make sure there's no moisture in the tip before you start using it, though). Dust is a real killer to computers: insulates unneeded heat.

Back
Top Bottom