DVR-K12RA not reading discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PYROLUKE

Solid State Member
I have Clevo laptop model D470V, it is running windows xp service pack 2, pentium 4 2.8GHz with 1 GB ram, pioneer dvd-rw DVR-K12RA

when a disc is inserted (can be any data disc) you can use my computer to view the contents of the disc. but when the disc is ejected the computer still displays the data, if another disc is inserted the computer wont read the new disc, it will just keep displaying the same data until you reset the computer.

the discs have been tried in another computer and they work fine.

has anyone ever encounted this sort of problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?
thanks

You may want to go into the properties of the ide controllers and make sure DMA if available is set on all of the controllers.

well it did work a treat untill it stopped working :( after about a day it reverted back to the same old trouble. i checked the settings and it is still working in PIO mode. maybe i need to upgrade the cable for the ide drive to the 80 pin. is it a similar cable to pc as is for laptops?
also i reinstalled the drive and then still ad the same problem.

maybe i need to buy a new drive

Ok my assumption is you used a third party Program to disable AUtostart on cds... Lemme find a guide for this.
\
make sure
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom is set to 1
and right click on a cd rom drive,
then go to properties. Configure auto run from the autoplay tab.
if you want it off.

no third party programs as far as i am aware, in the registry the auto run is set to '1'. and auto run is set to "prompt me" is the properties. but instead of it prompting me, it just auto opens the first data cd loaded, all other cd's or dvd's appear as the first disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom