dvi socket wont work just went blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidey_lad

Baseband Member
have I got a problem for you. i have an asus nvidia graphics card and
Im running my monitor off the vga socket and I have my hdtv connected in to the dvi scoket. Ok so the tv has a vga socket in the back and tha cable goes trought a vga dvi convertor. My is I was watching lost trought the tv and during it the screen went blank on the tv but my monitor stayed I tried the cable and tv in the vga socket my montor is in and it worked could it be my card or the convertor thats gone its got me stumped. cant figure it out.

ok i have been messing around and i got the monitor (vga socket) which is my primary display and the tv (dvi socket) which is my second display to both come on wen window is loading up but after that it goes black again and when i switch the monior in to the dvi socket it wont come on . the tv res is 1360 x 768 but the setting only go up to 1024 x 768 not the that matter in this case because the montor should come on at least but it did work on this untill the other day the tv is a toshiba 37wlt66.

download a program called ultra mon use the free trial it sounds like the second monitor (tv) is just not enabled as my startup shows up on my extra monitor wether it is enabled or not.

Matt

no joy wit ultra mon its still no coming on it detects the tv as a monitor and its enabled as i tryed to clone and extend the screen if that any used any other ideas ?

i uninstalled the drivers and removed and reinserted the card and i got it to work after a while of messing around with some setting its all sorted now thanks for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom