DVI Not working on GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Do you have to enable something for DVI to work on GPUS, cuz I have a VGA port to on my card that I use,,, but if I plug in the DVI one from my LCD it dont turn on... Because isnt DVI like way better?

It's not way better. It's marginally better, but it's not noticeable, really. Plug it in the DVI port, and reboot.

It's definately noticeable on a large monitor, i can tell the difference between the vga and dvi on my 20". The dvi port on the monitor quit working and i had to use the dvi>vga adapter on the video card so i could use the vga input on the monitor, and there is a definate difference. As far as video cards with both vga and dvi out im not sure how that works. Every card i have ever had has either been single vga out or dual dvi out.

It's definately noticeable on a large monitor, i can tell the difference between the vga and dvi on my 20". The dvi port on the monitor quit working and i had to use the dvi>vga adapter on the video card so i could use the vga input on the monitor, and there is a definate difference. As far as video cards with both vga and dvi out im not sure how that works. Every card i have ever had has either been single vga out or dual dvi out.

What's the difference between DVI and D-sub, veedubfreak?

There really is no noticeable difference between DVI and VGA unless you are running very long cables.

DVI sends a digital signal so there's no degradation in signal quality over the length of the cable....VGA is analog so if you have a very long cable you might notice some loss in image quality.

VGA is just fine for those of us that have our monitors less than a meter or two away from our puters.

Sorry, actually had some help desk calls to attend to. Its been busy today. I'm not really sure what the difference is, i just know i can see the difference. Maybe its placebo affect but i prefer the way the dvi out looks compared to the dvi>vga adapter. The adapter also might be part of my problem in seeing a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom