DVI or not DVI......

Status
Not open for further replies.

galic

Baseband Member
Please help me, I got a little problem.
I got a Samsung lcd monitor, (SyncMaster 930b) and my GPU is a Gigabite 8800 gt.
Works ok when i have it hook up to analog. So I said to myself, why using analog when i can be using digital? So, I order from Newegg a DVI cable (Trip-Lite, model # P561-006, DVI Single link TDMS cable- DVI-D M/M). I plugued it in the GPU and monitor's, DVI connector, but i get no signal, just a bouncing window that says "No signal, analog".:confused:

Switch the input to the digital input in the monitor's menu, or if there's an input button you can hit.

I'm trying to switch the inputs, I can't find where. I'll let you know when i find it. The monitor is set to analog.
Thanks.
PS: I checked CNet and the specs. of the monitor says "1 vga input and 1 digital dvi-d input"

I'm trying to switch the inputs, I can't find where. I'll let you know when i find it. The monitor is set to analog.
Thanks.
PS: I checked CNet and the specs. of the monitor says "1 vga input and 1 digital dvi-d input"

Yes, i turned the powewr off before i disconnected the cable.

Thanks.

I know it's set to analog, hence why it says "No signal - Analog" on the screen ;).

You need to switch it to digital input. Either there is an Input button directly on the monitor, or there is an option in the monitor's OSD menu.

Yes, i got it. The monitor had to be turned off also. Now i "see" in digital.
Tnks guys, great help, keep it up.

Heh, i knew there was a sequence of "restarts" somewhere in there. I've made this mistake in the past myself and later kicked myself for it being so simple. As far as dvi vs analog, most people say "its the same thing" but i personally can tell the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom