DVI to HDMI problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapperX

Putting the X in Sapper
For a long time I have been viewing my PC on my LCD TV through vga. Recently, I bought a DVI to HDMI cable to hook up my nvidia 6800xt to my samsung LCD TV HDMI port. I did this, and upon reboot the windows logo appeared and began to load. After loading, my computer instantly rebooted. I've tried it a few times and it does this every time, but my vga cable still works 100%. Any ideas?

For a long time I have been viewing my PC on my LCD TV through vga. Recently, I bought a DVI to HDMI cable to hook up my nvidia 6800xt to my samsung LCD TV HDMI port. I did this, and upon reboot the windows logo appeared and began to load. After loading, my computer instantly rebooted. I've tried it a few times and it does this every time, but my vga cable still works 100%. Any ideas?

That's strange. I have my 32" is hooked up via dvi to hdmi. I have the rgb to my 56" dlp and never have had any problems. I say you update your video drivers.

My video drivers are updated... Any other ideas? it doesnt make sense to me. it would be one thing if the resolution was all screwy (thats understandable) but this is very strange.

load the computer with the vga and lower the resolution all the way down , then plug the converter and set up the resolution till its stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom