DVI-D to VGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphykik

Beta member
I am trying to get a 2nd monitor to work on my friends computer. I realized, after trying to use a standard DVI-VGA adapter, that the port on the card was a DVI-D. After looking around, I found a converter, for $450!!! Obviously not an option. His card also has a composite video port, so I was wondering if i could run a 2nd monitor (with an extended desktop) if I were to go composite to vga. Or if anyone knows of a DVI-D to VGA adapter that is cheap, that would work too...

Thanks a lot in advance,
Damian

sphykik said:
I am trying to get a 2nd monitor to work on my friends computer. I realized, after trying to use a standard DVI-VGA adapter, that the port on the card was a DVI-D. After looking around, I found a converter, for $450!!! Obviously not an option. His card also has a composite video port, so I was wondering if i could run a 2nd monitor (with an extended desktop) if I were to go composite to vga. Or if anyone knows of a DVI-D to VGA adapter that is cheap, that would work too...

Thanks a lot in advance,
Damian

$450!!!!! WHOA! My computer shop is selling thoses thing way too cheap. I sell those thing for a AU$15

I rember when I was younger, I think the OS was win 98, but i took a cable, headphone looking jack on one end and RCA jack on the other, pluged it into the line out in the back of the computer and plugged the RCA into video in on TV aux in the back of TV. Then went to display and set up a sec monitor as you usually would. I'm still confused to this day how it worked exactly but it did. Try it might be a little less expensive. I just dont know if it will work on the new mobo's and OS's.

they usually include a converter to VGA with the hardware... thats weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom