DVDs?? what's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaundale

Baseband Member
Hi,
Have a PC and it didn't work with my orig DVD drive in (Hitachi GCC-4482B) so tried a spare one from friend (LG GCC-4120B) and this was Great no problems. Then bought a new drive (Samsung SH-S182M) this doesn't work either! What's happening?

The drive keeps restarting PC when it tries to read a disk weather it's a PC CD/PC DVD or Music disk.

Will try the not working drives in friends pc later today but is there something I'm missing????

Thanks,
Shaun.

Tried 3 Ide's, The new one with mobo. the new one with a HDD and the original one. Downloaded all firmware and drivers but can't understand WHY the old and brand new drives won't work, but the one from friends does. All the jumpers are set up as master and everything looks ok in device manager, it's just as soon as you insert a disk the light comes on then the system reboots.

This PC has completely vexed me. Forgot how many PC's I've built and upgraded but this one is a nightmare. Nothing seems to go as it should.

Did you install any new software at the same time? I had this problem on an old machine where i used to work. I think it was an older version of roxio. The computer would BSOD anytime the cd/dvd player was plugged in. I ended up having to unplug the drive, then uninstall the software then plug the drive back in before the machine would work correctly.

OK, All the Drives that don't work in this PC(2) work in Friends PC(1). and they worked straight from the box in 1. The drives from 1 work fine in 2 straight from box. Haven't a clue whats happening here????? Why would the new drives not work in 2 but work fine in 1, then the old drives in 1 work fine in 2, all drives work fine in 1.

Surely if they work in another then they should work here? Both PC's are running a fresh install of Win XP as they have just been upgraded. Hardley any software on either just the Install of XP.

Honestly think this PC should be given to research as it's certainly not doing what it says on the tin :)

Thanks,
Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom