dvdrom not recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathx

Beta member
I have been away from my pc for months and upon comming back I was surprised to find out my dvdrom has stopped working. Despite the fact the green light is on and that I can open it up and put dvds/games etc into the drive it still fails to work.

On my computer there is not icon for the dvd drive, only the c-drive and non existing floppy disk drive, also there is no autorun like before.

I'm a complete novice at computers so I know very little (don't even know how to get onto bios). I'm wanting to learn, so any help would be fantastic in resolving my issue.

PC specs:

bios:ami
mobo: asus p58 (Image | Hardware Secrets)
dvdrom: Model no: DVD8900, Part No: 3B43216076, DVD+R DL

Having a look at the computer's guts, all the wires and connections seem to be in place.

thanks

Hmm strange, this happened as soon as you were back or happened a while after you were back? Also you say the wires and connections seem to be in place, you can however disconnect the cable from the DVDrom and reconnect it back and see if it works. Also when you go to Device Manager, do you see it there?

Also to get into the BIOS, just hit the "Del" button on you keyboard at start up. Look and see if the DVDrom is recognized there.

Oh and welcome to Tech Forums :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom