DVD Writer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdrewitt

Solid State Member
OK, so my problem is, as soon as i access my DVD burner, it lags the entire computer. Here is the run down of my computer:

CPU: Phenom 9850BE Quad-Core (2.5Ghz - Stock)
RAM: Mushkin DDR2 1066 (2 x 2048MB)
HDD: WD 640GB 7200RPM
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 4870 512MB
Case: NZXT Tempest E-ATX
MOBO: DFI UT 790FX-M2R
PSU: CoolMaster 750W

Here is a link to my DVD Burner: Canada Computers - CD/DVD/RW /Blu-Ray Drives > Internal DVD Drives : Samsung SH-S203B/BEBN SATA Black DVD-Writer 20xDVD+R/-R 8xDVD+RW/6xDVD-RW 12xDVD-RAM 12xDVD+/-RW Dual Layer 48xCD-R 32xCD-RW W/Software OEM.

The problems occur during Burning//Reading//Ripping from CD//DVD. Ask if anymore details are needed. Thank you for any help you can give =)

First, download PC Wizard and install it.

Once that's done go to the drives section on the top left corner of icons. Post a screen shot or list the info of the sections "Number of CD-Rom Drive" and the actual drive letter section; looks something like "Drive D: (DVD-ROM)".

Also check in Windows Device Manager that the drivers for your burner are installed correctly.

DriveAnalysis.jpg

Ok, so here is the screen. Ya, the driver is non-existent...Windows XP doesn't have drivers for SATA drives. So none are available online either, trust me i tried, and that's the reply i got.

Yeah it's literally showing the drivers are non-existant. Very strange for a common DVD writer. Your Windows is completely up to date? Went online to check and everything? DFI doesn't have any drivers on their site eh?

I think it could be a default in your BIOS too. Check what mode your SATA port for the DVD Drive is set to.

Ok, yes all my Windows is up-to-date. Found nothing interesting on the BIOS, and DFI only had raid drivers(only thing concerning SATA)

I'm kinda new to the BIOS side of a computer, this is my first custom build. And I'm mostly into software, and programming. Where would it be located in my BIOS. I can see there is no IDE drives attached, and it shows the Phys SATA list. Also i found only one thing, and it said a list with 'Normal IDE, RAID, and Legacy IDE' under some settings, but yaaaa...sorry

Did you install your SATA drivers? Did you check your BIOS to make sure that your SATA Ports are on?

Please try to be less patronizing when you post. We can only help if we know what is going on. To say "Now i get nothing" will be viewed bad by many people and no one will want to help if you have a attitude like that. :)

Yes as you see from our post counts we answer a lot of questions and sometimes we miss posts because of it. Try to be a little more understanding. Thanks :).

Your SATA ports should be on and set to Normal IDE. Some older drives required Legacy IDE instead but yours is pretty new. Try either one of those and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom