DVD video burning trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Not sure if this is hardware or software, but maybe someone can help.

I am using a Lite-on DVD burning. I've been encoding my own video using Nero Retail release and then burning it to DVDs. I noticed with the TDK DVD-R I have that I fail to burn like 35% of the discs. Even though Nero reports it burned correctly, I can just look at the DVD and tell if it's messed up. And when I play the DVD most work until close to the last 20-25 mins of the disc then crash. A friend of mine gave me some of his TDK DVD+R disks and every single time I used one of those it worked perfectly, and I blew through probably 30 disks!

Anyone have any ideas what I may be doing wrong? My DVD recorder lists both DVD-R and DVD+R. I don't really understand what the difference is and the +R's seem to cost more, on average.

Not all media is created equal, and not all burners are going to like all of the media that you use. The fact that the DVD-R was the one that failed indicates that it is the media, DVD-R is the most commonly accepted form of media. Most newer machines now days will play either DVD-R or DVD+R without a problem, the problems most machine have now is with cheap media. This is why I stick to good quality media like Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, and Ritec Redata.

I'll try a different brand. Ironically, both of my media brands were TDK, but one was -R and one was +R. Totally different looking media though, I'm guessing the -R's were cheapies.

Thanks for the info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom