DVD+RW Problems (Serius problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.

02nwood

Beta member
Right i have been trying for the past 3 month to fix my uncles dvd+rw drive. I know to everyone that might sound out of the question to take that long but there are reasons. When they first showed me what was wrong with it which was every time you tried to record a dvd a quater of the way through the computer started restarting itself. I could not find out what was wrong with it untill i got a new dvd+rw drive for them and saw that the only disk drive that was inside the tower was set as slave. So i changed the slave to master and tried doing more dvd's. It got half way through transcoding and cut out but i realised that the slave being set at master was what was wrong with it because while i didn't know what was wrong with the recorder i installed ace codecs which after i set the slave to master and uninstalled ace codecs (Because the codecs with nero was conflicting with the ace codecs.). Everything worked fine after that and we had no issues untill he installed a vista transformation pack for xp (Which he installed wrong)(The OS which the dvd+rw worked on was media center edition sp2). Everything went to pot and i had to install xp home (XP home was the OS that was on this pc from the factory). I installed everything fresh so nothing should have went wrong but after i installed power2go express (Power2go express was already on the pc from the factory) it wont copy again and it keeps on restarting again like it did when the dvd+rw was set as slave and now i am exhausted of it and can't think of what else it could be. I am open for suggestions if anyone has any ?:confused: From DosKey

Specs of PC might be helpful.
How old is PC? Maybe power supply is going. When Dvd powers up the power supply cuts out forcing a reboot.

It's a new pc it is only a year old, it copys from cd to cd perfectly it's just the transcoding it doesn't seem to do properly. Please note that the sleeve that was on slave was a factory fault. The power is perfectly ok. There is only one set of codecs on at the moment which came with power2go express. It's also most definatly not cutting out when the dvd powers up because of what i just said ^^^.

Computer Specifications (Or at least some? You just ask me what you need)

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name HOME-A2127DD183
System Manufacturer DIXONSXP
System Model DIXONSXP
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2926 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2926 Mhz
BIOS Version/Data Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 16/03/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.2
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.3023 (xpsp_sp2_qfe.061030-0020)"
User Name HOME-A2127DD183\The_Media_User
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 684.38 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.40 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Drive D:
Description CD-ROM Drive
Media Loaded No
Media Type CD-ROM
Name TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W162C
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status OK
Transfer Rate Not Available
SCSI Target ID 0
PNP Device ID IDE\CDROMTSSTCORP_CD/DVDW_SH-W162C_______________TS10____\5&57DAAD7&0&0.0.0
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158), 48.38 KB (49,536 bytes), 03/08/2004 22:59)

I don't know if that's the specs that you wanted just tell me exacly what kind of specs you need. It's a new pc. It's hard to get to the root of this problem.

Well for all you, thought i would just say. That foxconn mboard was crap. Replaced it and everything works fine !!!! :p THANK GOD THERE IS A GOD. It done my head in for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom