DVD-RW not recognizing cetain DVDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandalvideo

Beta member
Just to set a little background for my question, I'm a huge AV person and have been using a DVD recorder to capture video and audio for use in productions for quite some time. My PC has always been able to read the DVDs that I master on my DVD recorder for quite some time. Just recently it stopped doing that. I know its not the DVDs, because they are still being read on my other computer. I know its not the drive, because I switched otu the drive for another working one. This leaves me with only one thought, drivers, codecs, or etc. If anyone can think of a reason that my DVD drive isn't recognizing the DVDs, and tell me the right software to download I'd greatly appreciate it.:D

Lots of things I can't even begin to count from games, video production software, to music programs. :freak:

It sounds like a corruption problem or a software conflict . Its like finding a needle in the haystack and the answers probably simple but finding it isnt .
You can start by re-booting to a safe points if you have them saved. If not try unisntalling programs and testing or re-installing the drives.
Go to device manager and check your regonal settings for the drive, theres a few others there to look at.Go to my computer right click the drive look over your properties .Sorry not much help ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom