DVD-RW drive firmware problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eminemshow3677

Baseband Member
I have a BenQ DW1655 and I just got it like a week ago haven't messed around with it at all and when i put a 16x Verbatim DVD-R disc in it says the highest it can burn to it is 4x. Do i need to get new firmware? or can i mess with the Qsuite thing or what?

is the disc DL (dual layer)?
according to the stats on the drive,, it should be able to burn DVD-R's at 16x.. and max DVD DL discs at 8x.

i would contact the manufacturer

also have you tried another brand of disc

They are not dual layer and the only other dvd-r discs i have used were 8x imation single layer and they worked perfect and burned at 8x. only other thing i can think of is the switch on the back the plastic piece was on slave and i never used those before so i called the tech guy when my comp wasnt recognizing the drive and he said to move it to the left one(cable select).

O ya and its also on the same strip as the cd-rom. also i tried that enabling DMA but my computer has 3 primary and 3 secondary so i just set them all on DMA and it still isn't fixed

Why do tech people do that,, I don't understand it!!! cable select suck's!! Make the dvd burner the master and the cdrw the slave don't use cable select.

Oh yeah, I have the same burner and use nero 6 and have never had a problem. I think its the media try other discs. If there is a firmware update then do it, it's not that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom