dvd rom - unsupported disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnscianna

Beta member
a disc with an unsupported format in drive E

brand new dvd rom, getting this error with multiple dvd's, none have worked so far

LITE-ON Beige 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM ATAPI / E-IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model SOHD-167T BG - Retail

I'm starting to think they put a CD R in a DVD rom box, it reads CDs fine.

It says DVD on the Front of the drive?? The specs should also be on the attached label on that drive. Since it is plug and play and on IDE 1 your bios should automatically configure it. That DVDRW should read all current formats. Is it the only optical drive installed? If you have a CDRW installed as well, try removing that drive and then jumper the DVD drive as a single and see if it will read DVD's. If you do have two dirves, I would set the DVD as master and the CDrom as the slave.

You may have incorrect drives or outdated firmware........

It may also be a hardware problem.....the dvd laser may be damages, or the mirroring device....

Well, you catch my drift......
You may also want to look for drive benchmarking software.....
May be ASPI but im dont know of any drive that needs apsi to read....
If the dvd rom is brand new.....try to exchange it......

Shadwsclan has a good idea....take it back to Best Buy or whereever you bought it an exchange it. Personally, I wouldn't buy a lite-on anything. My DVD's and CDRW are all either Sony or Benq and do not break and do not fail and do not need anything until upgrade makes them obsolete!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom