Dvd-rom opens by itsself

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabasco1983

Beta member
Maybe somebody could tell me why my dvd-rom keeps ejecting randomly, i have mcafee and it hasnt found any viruses, and i did a online scan with trend, im thinking it could be hardware problem is that possible? sometimes the tray will only come out a little, and somtimes fully and does it 2/3 times at random times. and i dont touch the button or anything i can be playing a game or on a website and it will just open.

that happened to me once, but it was with a cdrw drive. I had to get a new 1, but, try unplugging the data cable from the computer and have just the power plugged in. if that fixes it, there is either a problem with the cable or the computer.

check for any malware someone could be messing around with u, or like kfc469 said unplug the IDE cable and see if it continues if it does then u got hardware problems but if it doesnt open while the IDE is unplugged then it software or malware problem

but thats pretty funny

sad thing there is a virus out there that does that. got it like a month ago...it was a cool A$$ virus i accidently got on bearshare, and it would bring the pc out of standby, opened my cd drive, changed my desktop image...straight to my email box to peeps that earned it...(these dum dum's will download anything just for the sake of saying "hey i got a 250gb hdd and got 1gb free!! DURRRRR" lol)

bmxfreakrider said:
sad thing there is a virus out there that does that. got it like a month ago...it was a cool A$$ virus i accidently got on bearshare, and it would bring the pc out of standby, opened my cd drive, changed my desktop image...straight to my email box to peeps that earned it...(these dum dum's will download anything just for the sake of saying "hey i got a 250gb hdd and got 1gb free!! DURRRRR" lol)

This sounds alot like it, my computer will go on sleep or standby and get kicked back out of standby. the reason i didnt think it was a virus is because i couldnt find any out side connecting running and mcafee and trend online scanner didnt find anything, what virus scanner found your virus? or how did you fix it i also got bearshare so its probably it :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom