DVD-ROM Dont see it in post

Runfox

In Runtime
My DVD-ROM, lite-on, does not want to work. When I power up, I see the green light on the front light up, and I can hit the open button and the tray will open and close. But I don't see it in the Setup, or during the start up process. So is it toast?

Yeah it was working, but i haven't used it in a long time, so I'm not sure how long it has been not working. Yeah I looked all through my BIOS screens and cant see it anywhere. I think I remember seeing it in the list of IDE devices with my two hard drives before. But I cant see it anywhere now, and I swapped the SATA cable to another spot on the MB , but still don't see the drive. Anyway I bought a new one from New Egg .it was only 17.00 $ free shipping, so that's easy. It just seams strange that it would go bad when I see the green light come on, when I power the comp up and the door will open and close ok.

there's a difference between it not showing up in the bios and not working. Does it work in windows once you boot up? Is the DVD Drive connected through IDE or Sata?

Back
Top Bottom