Dvd-rom burning coasters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
Is there a program to test the stability of your rom drive? I remember one a few years back but have forgotten the name.

My HP dvd1040, has been spitting out coasters left and right.. I noticed that on my ASUS m3n driver disk.. it spins like crazy and sounds like a jet engine.

trying to talk a friend into buying my old crappy pc so I can get a new rom. this one is junk, sad cause I only bought it a year ago.

A new one is only $25 so getting a new one shouldn't be too much trouble, I've had a few pc's come to me for the same reason and everyone is expecting a high price tag but there happy to see the price. I know what program you where refurring to but for the life of me I can't remember either. This is one of the ones I'm using with great luck (no coasters yet) and have burned a few hundred already, I used to have an acer dvd burner that burned way over a thousand disks but it got sold with my old system to a friend and he is still using it today.
Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom