DVD Recognition Problem! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdriven6

Baseband Member
Hi all, i built a computer last christmas, and its been working fine for 6 or 7 months. Yesterday, i decided it was time to be reformatted. I popped in my Windows XP Disk and went through all the steps. Everything worked great and windows loaded perfectly.
No heres the trouble, ever since i reformated, i cant get my system to recognize my Plextor SATA DVD Burner. Its not there! i tried adding new hardware, which didnt have my drive on its list. I tried checking my device manager, and no DVD drive is listed on that either. Obviously the drive isnt broken due to the fact that i reinstalled windows with it. Nothing worked so i tried putting my windows disk back in, and restarting the computer. In the BIOS menu it asks if i want to boot from disk. I do that and can reinstall window. Ive done this probably 5 times now, and every time, my DVD drive is not recognized.
Any help would be amazing, and i apologize for any vaugeness. Thanks guys!

Oh, and one more thing to note is that the Plextor website provides no drivers for this device, and tell me that i dont need any for it.!!!

Uninstall it, start you computer, shut down your computer, reinstall it and see if it is recognized as new hardware when you start it up next.

Hi there, im very greatful for your help. This might be good advice, but there is nothing to uninstall. The drive isnt recognized at all on my computer. If your referring to uninstalling it from the BIOS, perhaps that would work. I read an article that said that my motherboard needs to have SATA Drivers installed for it, and that any SATA device utilizes these drivers. My mother bord is made by Abit, and i downloaded the SATA drivers and made a floppy disk. When i reinstalled Windows it told me to press F6 to install them. I did all the steps and everything appeared to go smoothly, but when windows finished installing the drive was still not recognized .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom