DvD-R Problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default DvD-R Problem

Hey all I have a Problem (What Else is New) Maybe you guys can help

My Grand parents bought me 200 TDK Dvd-R's For 40$s i went to go use one and they arent loading up onto my pc.Their not showing up or anything so i cant burn onto them.I know i have a dvd burner and i know the burner still works cause i can still burn reg CD-R's, Please Help

Old 02-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Hey, welcome to Tech Forums.

How positive are you about having a DVD writer as opposed to a DVD reader/CDRW combo drive?

Do you have any other brand of DVD-R disks to try? Have you ever burnt a DVD using that drive?

Old 02-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Also try one of the DVD's in another burner if you can. Some burners (like mine) sometimes don't like some brand DVD's. I had this problem with mine, it would burn CD's but not DVD's and it turned out to be faulty burner but mine was a brand new computer so don't start thinking that your burner broken just yet, LOL. Like imation said check to see wether you have a burner and trying another brand DVD and aswell seeing if you can burn it in another burner apart from yours.

Life is too important to be taken seriously - Oscar Wilde
Old 02-10-2006, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

also be aware that different brands of writers support different formats of disk(DVD-R,DVD+R,DVD-R DL,DVD+R DL)
Biostar T-force 4U,Opteron 148@2.6Ghz.CorsairXMS DDR500-2gigs,EVGA7800GT CO.Seagate160gigSATA II,Koolance ICM 510 watercooling,Coolermaster Stacker830
Closed Thread