DVD Player Loses Color with TV Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

capper

Solid State Member
I recently bought a Panasonic LS-84 portable region-free DVD player for my kids. It's a really nice little machine and works very well. While at home I like to connect it to a TV for them so they can enjoy viewing on a bigger screen. Unfortunately, when I do this, the picture is black and white and the picture quality is not as good. The TV audio works well but I can't get a nice color picture.

If you have any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like when they started to figure out how to put copy protection on VHS tapes.... I remember when the signal would pass from one player into another the color would go black/white once in awhile and it just wasn't pretty.

It COULD be a side effect of the region free lock? What kind of cables are you using for the connection? Is the DVD player hooked up directly, or passing through another device before it gets to the tv? By the way, this is more suited for the Multimedia sections -.-

Thanks for your reply. I got the problem rectified. It had to do with the screen settings PAL60 and NTSC. It was on PAL60 but had to be on the latter for this region and it did the trick! I'm glad it was simple and the machine works like a dream now on the big screen. Again, thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom