dvd not writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
okay i just recently (bout two weeks ago) finished my new pc and ive finally managed to get some rewritable dvds but when i tried to put the .iso file onto the dvd it wouldnt write. i tried using nero and clone dvd but both come up with "an unexpected error"???
does anyone know how i can fix this?

my pc:
gigabyte 965p-dq6
512mb ddr 667
37gb 10000rpm wd raptor
560watt psu
nvidia 7600gs 512mb
lite on dvd R/RW(supports dual layer)

unfortunately there is a lot of extremely junk dvd burners out there. If the dvd burner is not using the pioneer chipset it is junk and will just waste your dvd's. What make and model is your dvd burner?

El_Roberto said:
okay i just recently (bout two weeks ago) finished my new pc and ive finally managed to get some rewritable dvds but when i tried to put the .iso file onto the dvd it wouldnt write. i tried using nero and clone dvd but both come up with "an unexpected error"???
does anyone know how i can fix this?

my pc:
gigabyte 965p-dq6
512mb ddr 667
37gb 10000rpm wd raptor
560watt psu
nvidia 7600gs 512mb
lite on dvd R/RW(supports dual layer)

First things first. Check to make sure all the cables are securely plugged into both your DVD Burner AND your motherboard. Check the manufacterer's website to get the latest drivers. Same for your motherboard. If it still doesn't work, you've probably got a faulty dvd burner or motherboard. Try plugging in a friend's (verified working) dvd burner. If it works, either contact the place you bought it or the manufacterer.

Hope this's been helpful

-EJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom