DVD Drive Won't Work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
I've got an ASUS DVD reader, and all it does is keep it's busy light on, and it doesn't read anything. It opens and everything fine, but when I put a CD in and close it, it just leave the busy light on and doesn't go. I also have an ASUS DVD writer.

At the moment, it is doing all the work. I'm in the process of installing all my files on this new rig, and it'd make it a heck of a lot faster with two drives. The reader is the master, and the writer is the slave. They both have power and an IDE cable plugged into them. If you have to set two drives up in the BIOS, then that'd be my problem.

The only thing I did after installing them is, plug in the power and IDE cable, and in the BIOS I only changed the boot device. The reader only came with CD/DVD burning software, and no drivers. If anyone knows how to solve this I'd be incredibly grateful.

First of all: Always make your writer the master as that uses the most power.

Second: Try another dvd-player

Third: If that doesn't work, use the end of the IDE cable connected to your mobo, and plug it in your DVDplayer, and the end that was in your DVDplayer, in your mobo. If it works then, u'r cable is broken. I had this problem once here in the PC store. I just connected another cable and it worked fine.

Check your IDE connections

Check your IDE connections. IF not,... drivers.. bios... I don't know.

IDE or SATA?

IF not... don't know how to help you

or plug it into the sound card perhaps?..

ExitProsecSpree is right make sure your writer is the master and on the end connector of the IDE cable. To try it out unhook the writer and leave only the dvd rom plugged in,, If it doesn't work you can try going to the OEM's site and download and install a firmware update. That will probably fix the problem. (there is no software needed for the drive, they have the software/firmware built in) well except the dvd decoder, but thats better to get from the Video card maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom