DVD Drive won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmiller618

Beta member
Okay, so my computer caught a virus. it infected the many functions like explorer..svchost and so on. Ran an antivirus, deleted the infected files. Now they were the real explorer.exes, because explorer stopped functioning. I went to just restart my computer after the scan. Now my computer went into a loop. a blue screen shows up and says fatal error. So I went to re-install windows. Thought okay maybe that might do the trick. My computer will not boot from my DVD drive. It's an IDE. I've gone to BIOS and changed the sequence to make the DVD drive be the first priority. Nothing, it seems like it would boot. But like it would then just boot to the hard drive causing the same loop where it looks like it loads up windows..a blue screen saying fatal error then it would restart itself. over and over again. I am completely stumped now I am hoping it's not that my DVD drive went bad.

Dell Dimension 3000.

Pretty much everything that came with it. Installed a new DVD drive about a year and a half ago. worked fine through it all. thats about it.

Just a quick thing. Was the virus "Antivirus 2009" that poped up on your screen telling you that you had a very bad virus. And did you click on it to remove said viruses.

Because "Antivirus 2009/2010" Is a virus that looks like windows defender and when It installs you have to remove it manually to get rid of it. And if you Bought the virus (It takes you to a place where you can buy the supposed removal tool) IT can cause even more problem.

Did this happen to you?

If not what Antivirus program did you use.

And Also, Grab a distro of Linux off the web and Load it on to a CD. Put that in your drive and that would tell you if the drive itself is bad.

And that virus I just mentioned I had a run in with it awhile back. Flashed the bios/cmos and reinstalled and still it came back after awhile. :( So Installed linux on the computer and haven't had any trouble.

You know I think it was that virus. I remember seeing something along those lines. I used Bitdefender to get rid of it (used the free edition).

I got the messages but I never used it because I KNEW first hand that it was a virus. so I went to get bitdefender to remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom