DVD Drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorbubble

Baseband Member
Recently my DVD drive is acting up. Everytime I run something from the any type if disc, CD and DVD, my computer starts to lag unbearably as if I am losing FPS for the mouse kinda of teleports across the screen as I move it. So any ideas that might have caused this problem?

It's a laptop bought from Dell:

Intel Core DuoProcessor T2500 (2GHz/667MHz FSB)
2GB, DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm
256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900
100GB Toshiba MK1032GSX 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Sony DVD+/-RW DW-Q58A
Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Everything was working fine until I had to do some work using Internet Explorer. But I used anti-virus, spyware, and adware programs to get rid of anything, but it did not fix the problem.

Though one thing I have noticed that when the drive has to read something from the drive such as copying or viewing directly on the disc, my computer's FPS drops to like 30 or 20 and the audio gets messed up hearing breaks and clicks.

So basically my drive has extremely low read and write speeds, but its interferring with my other computer activites.

i also had a similar problem with my DVD-Rom on my laptop as well, did read discs but it would take forever to explorer or load the discs. so i popped her opened and cleaned the lens with a q-tip and windex and it worked like new ever since.

i would also check the temperature in ur BIOS or from software to see wat its pulling , if its over 40*c on idle i would clean her up and re and re the thermal paste

I'm still having problems with it, I don't want to have to replace the drive. But is this problem a hardware problem or a software one, where there is a bug of some sort in my system causing the reading to messed up/

Nevermind. Dell just gave me a updated firmware for my drive and it works perfectly fine now. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom