My dvd drive is not working on vista 64 bit, it worked fine on xp
but now this is what it shows
cddvd.jpg

tried updating it but didnt want to update

Brand SAMSUNG
Type DVD Burner
Model TS-H653N

link-
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

Is there a firmware update for the drive? As Hef asked is it really a SCSI Drive? From what you say it sounds like it is just a normal IDE drive. That would be a issue.

Have you tried to just remove the drive from the device manager and then restart? See if Windows can fix it itself.

ok, since i cant use tyhe drive
i cant put the driver cd in
ill update using asus's website and see if it works

dload this
Samsung SH-S223F Firmware v ID02 - TechSpot Drivers

but it wont open

fixed

vista is really a pain in the ***

i guiess when i updated vista it installed unneeded filters, so i deleted them and walla
work grezat

hey I am almost having exactly the same Issue. I have Samsung SH-S223F dvd writer. I am able to read cd's and write dvd's but I am unable to read DvD's.. Although in the device manager it said the device is working properly and the OS is vista 32bit.

can you tell me what exactly did you do ???

hey I am almost having exactly the same Issue. I have Samsung SH-S223F dvd writer. I am able to read cd's and write dvd's but I am unable to read DvD's.. Although in the device manager it said the device is working properly and the OS is vista 32bit.

can you tell me what exactly did you do ???

sorry thats a diff problem, my vista was 64 bit and didnt want to recognise the dvd writer
what i did was run
regedit.exe
Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

delete lower filters
and upper filters

if i was you i would try updating drivers, or reinstalling
may even be a faulty dvd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom