dvd drive not reading dvds

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellcom200

Beta member
I noticed today that my computer was not playing dvds when i went to go install Oblivion. I then tried varies other game DVD's and movies with the same problem. All of which work in my other computer. It does however read CD's just fine.

I thought the problem was Daemon tools. Although after trying various methods of getting rid of it and editing the registray i tried a reload of windows XP. And after the install finished i have the same problem. It is a fresh load, nothing has been done to it.

The Region code is set to Region 1

The DVD drive is a MAD DOG MD-16X3D (and i already tried flashing its bios with the new version no effect) This drive was working perfectly a couple days ago when i was watching a movie on it.

If you you need further information let me kno.

Also windows detects it as a DVD-RAM drive not sure if that means nething

-ur registry might of gotten bad or corrupt (download tuneup utilities 06 Trail and defragment it or clean them out)
-if ur using any theme for ur system then try removing it and see if that helps
-if those dont help , them open her up and clean her from dust and clean the len(s) with windex by using a Q-tip

Well as it is a new install the top options will not do anything. I did pull the drive out open it up and used a can of air on it. still not working.

It will very intermitenly open a movie, but game dvds.

i think the drive is just shot and its time for another one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom