DVD Drive Issues with opening/closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAustin

Daemon Poster
I have an HP DVD635 burner that's about 2 years old. About a year ago the problem started. After I finish burning a dvd or cd, the drive will open only partially (I'm assuming the motor is going bad), about half way, then close. Then 2 seconds later it would open partially, and then close again. Then it would stay closed, the computer would read the finished dvd/cd and everything was fine. I was fine with it doing that as it only did two cycles of opening/closing. Well, I just got done reformatting my computer to dual boot xp/ubuntu, and now the drive goes in to a constant open/close cycle with no end. Does anyone have any idea (besides replacing it) on how to solve this?

No. Replacement is not an option as it has been an absolutely perfect burner. The only thing bad about it is now I have to stay around if I'm burning something, which is hardly a down side. Also I'm in college and have no extra money to be tossing around at the moment, especially for an item which still works with only a minor flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom