DVD drive has dissapeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeCattez

Beta member
Heya,

My computer has been working perfectly since I bought it till some days ago. Out of a sudden when I turned my computer on, the dvd drive had dissapeared. I'm not sure whether or not the floppy drive have been there all the time (I don't have one in my computer, but it shows there is one in my computer), so I thought that you could be the problem. I have tried removing the drivers from the floppy drive and the cd/dvd drives in place where you can manage drivers. Afterwards rebooting and then it's back to the same again. I have tried moving my dvd drive from Sata 3 to Sata 4 (slaves). I tried to look the dvd drive up on Samsung's homepage (Samsung Super-WriteMaster SH-S203D), but it requires it to see the dvd drive on the computer, which I can't (while being in windows), when I reboot and check the bios I can see that the dvd-drive is plugged in, but for some reason I can't see it in windows. The only thing I can see in Windows which isn't working is a driver (named the same as the dvd drive is in bios), but I can't install working drivers for it. It seems like it's just there, but I can't make it showing the drive or anything.

I can provide pictures of it all and hardware information as well. And as I said earlier, there has never been a problem before and I haven't done anything "new" the last couple of days, so I have no idea how it happened.

Last option would be a clean install, but I don't really feel like doing that atm heh.

Hope you can help me out, since I'm out of ideas it seems.

LeCattez

Solved it seems. It was a lower filter being in the way. Removed it and rebooted. Removed the floppy drive in the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom