Dvd & CD Players Dont Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusader

In Runtime
My pc is running Xp and it has an individual cd and dvd drives. The green lights flash on startup etc and they open and close. But when i put discs in they dont get read.

In My Computer, it lists both the Cd and Dvd drives as Dvd drives. When i click on one of them with a disc in it says please insert a disc.

I opened up the case and made sure all the cables were in firm.

In device manager it lists them all with the same name. Not there original names. It says something like A13U82 SCSI Drive.......... more numbers and letters. It says this for my floppy drive as well. This never worked so im not sure if its got the same problem as my optical drives.

This has become a real problem lately as i need to reformat. I tried copying the xp cd to my ipod but when i try to reformat off that it says that the xp version installed on my pc is newer than that on the ipod so i cant continue.

Please Help

P.S I will be at school for the next couple of hours i may take a while to respone.
Cheers

--EDIT--
I uninstalled them from device manager and restarted to see if they could be re-installed/recognized by windows. Unfortunately this did not happen. So now it shows no drives in device manager or My computer. :(

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/busted-drive-143346/
Sounds like iv got a similar problem to this guy, he has no solution but it may help others determining the problem for me.

Cheers

Go into add hardware section in control panel and select scan for hardware see if that picks the drives up. The remove idea should work.These arnt SCSI drives are they? What are your system specs?

-Add Hardware didnt pick them up.

-No these arnt SCSI drives.

-Sysetm Specs:
Intel P3 996Hz
Samsung CD-R
Dvd drive is unknown
512mb ram

Iv done some googling. And i get the impression i have downloaded some dodgy codec or something and its messed up windows. So now i have no working optical drives or floppy drives. Which is really depressing. As the only way to reformat now is over a network or chuck my HD in another computer which is beyond me. Bloody computers :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom