dvd burner will not write anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

stardj

Solid State Member
I have a Sony 530A dvd burner and have only had it for a year now. This week I discovered that it would not write to a dvd anymore however it will still write to a cd-r. I have tried 3 dvd-r's that were 2 different brand names and 1 dvd-rw that again was a different brand name. I have tried 2 differerent programs and even un/reinstalled one of those programs and still will not write to dvd. I have tried a system restore twice to 2 different days and it still won't work. I have tried a different IDE cable and it still will write to a cd-r but not a dvd. When I put a store bought dvd in the drive it will read it fine. I have even removed it from device manager and restarted my computer where it detected it and that did not help. I also have gone to the sony website and did a firmware update and that did not help.
I am all out of ideas now. Is this basically A hardware failure or is there something I have not thought of?? It's a shame cause like i said it's only a year old. I called sony but they are of absolutley no help.
Any Help would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom