Dvd burner read not write

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade107

Beta member
I have an A0PEN DUW/1608/ARR that is reading all dvds or cds that I put in the drive but is not writing to them. I am using NTI 7 and nero 6 to burn but i just keep getting errors everytime I try. I did the windows troubleshoot and made sure that the drive was selected to record but it still doesnt write.

ANY ADVICE

what kind of errors are you getting, Buffer under runs?
Is your PC on for a while before trying to burn discs, what about trying immediatly after a restart?
Is the Hard Drive & Burner IDE devices, or SATA.... If they are IDE, are they on the SAME cable??

We need more information about WHAT the errors are saying, and depending on that, your system setup.

I had the same problem with mine and it turned out to be a faulty drive. It would read from a cd/dvd fine but when I came to burning it, it wouldn't burn at all and I was getting burn failed messages all the time. But luckily I bought my machine from a good company and I phoned them up and they sent me out a new drive straight away. I installed the new one and everything worked fine. Can you try another burner? then you'll know wether it's a faulty drive or problems like Ethereal_Dragon said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom