DVD burner problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoever

Beta member
I need some help on my dvd burner. Well as idiots me and my friend tried installing the dvd burner into the computer. When we were connecting the cables into the computer and back into the dvd burner. Then after we had everything connected we turned back the comp on. Well we tried opening the disc drive and it only came out a little. So we were tinkering with it and finally just turned the comp off and unplugged it. Well we "manually" opened the disc try and looked inside. To our eyes there was no problem so we tried pushing the disc tray back in, but to our astonishment it would not go in! we looked inside and there seemed to be a little blue thing sticking out, that is stopping the disc tray from going back in. The disc tray is ALL the way out and won't go in anymore. So we were thinking it may be a little mechanism that activates and stops it from going back in ,if "manualy" opened(just our theory for now). So what i am imploring from whoever reads this is how we can fix this?

If its new return it. If its not you could try to take the cover off and see whats in the way. But to be honest ive tryed to fix many of these and haven't had a lot of luck with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom