DVD Burner problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyt05

Solid State Member
OK, I had a DVD with some files on it that I had burned from a previous computer. I had it so I could still add things to it, though. I put it in my new computer and added some files, the same type as before, and after it finished burning, all the files were gone. Now, I've been doing some video editing, and when I put the video to DVD, it completes the task, but won't play in a DVD player and also, there is nothing on the DVD when placed in a computer. I can back up my store bought DVD's just fine though. What gives? Any ideas?

For the dvd with the files on it, no because I want to keep adding files to it. Also I had no problem seeing these files on my old computer. They even showed up on this computer before I burned the newer files on. I've been using adobe premiere elements for the editing and it finalizes everything for me. I tried to back up one of my dvds, but after it is completed, there is nothing on those discs either.

What file types are you using? VOB?

Last time I tried to make DVD's I got fed up and just used Vista's DVD Creator - it took forever to process but it gave me a nice looking menu and it worked just fine.

The 'files' on the one dvd are just back ups of my cell phone photos. I don't know what extension the premiere videos are. Adobe does all that automatically. And the back up dvds burn a .iso.

That would only help explain the picture disc. The other two are entirely seperate discs, and they automatically get finalized, which means useless discs.

oh okay, I was under the impression that you were adding more and more to 1 disk.

Okay... uh... what version of what software are you using to burn what disk? List it out:

1) [machine os] - [software / version] - [contents]

For the dvd with the files on it, no because I want to keep adding files to it. Also I had no problem seeing these files on my old computer. They even showed up on this computer before I burned the newer files on.

Right there is the problem.

After adding the new files the disk was not set to be read by any other machine but the one that the disk was burned with. It wasnt set to the point where it could be read by another machine but not finalized so that files could be added still.

This is a common occurrence if you burn a disk in XP and try to access it with Vista.

Did you burn the Movie ISO to disk in ISO format or did you just burn the ISO to disk? that is the main question.

If you access the disk does it show the ISO on there from the PC you burned it on. If so that is where the problem is. ISO is just a format and can not be accessed. You would ahve to Explore teh Disk from My Computer Or Computer in Vista and see the file on there and then copy it back to the PC.

ISO format is a completed format that you cant access and just access certain files from it. You would have to burn the ISO itself to the disk using something like ImgBurn.

I hope you understand what i am trying to say there cause it is hard to explain this without messing with the terms to much.

Okay. The picture dvd was made on a vista machine as well. Also, when I first put that disc in my new pc, the files were showing. The movie iso was burned on with dvd decrypter, so that is not the problem. And none of that would explain the problem with premiere elements. When I open the disc in Computer, all of them say 'drag files to add to disc' or something like that. Movie dvds show up okay. I have no clue whats going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom