dvd burner problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Lyrics

In Runtime
i just install my new dvd burner, i switched it with my dvd reader only and now the pc won't recogize both my new burner which is primary and my cd burner which is second.

Do the optical drives show up in device manager? If they don't make sure you have your cables connected correctly.

Check in your BIOS to make sure that your drives are selected, because I know that in my BIOS I can turn drives on and off. So maybe when you installed the new drive the drives got unselected in the BIOS. Just check and post back.

Just go in your BIOS and look through all your settings for something like Primary IDE Master, and make sure your drive is selected. In my BIOS this is just in the main settings. Just go into your BIOS and look around.

So you say you have power, so your power cable must be connected properly. But are you positive your IDE cable is connected properly?

i'm sure everything is connected properly, since the device manger can read the dvd burner, but it doesn't show up on my computer, i'll get a screenshot up.

dvdburner.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom