DVD burner issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

RookieGeek

Beta member
Hi there everyone, I've got a problem and I suspect I'm in the right place.

My PC (a Packard Bell iMedia 1437) runs windows XP. Originally it had 512Mb Ram but I put a Gig in. It also uses a NEC ND3530A DVD +- RW as its primary disc reader. Recently I started developing some problems. The ND3530A was refusing to recognise DVD RW's (of any type or manutfacturer) as anything but CD's and so after updating the Drivers to no avail I resigned myself to having to fork out £20 for an external hard drive, but I did.

Within a week I was the proud owner of a Mat****a UJDA770 DVD RW and was ready to start burning my videos. Now here's where I got really annoyed. The brand new DVD burner wouldn't even read the discs I placed inside. The only thing I could find was a file called Driver Tool that offered to scan and update an any and all outdated drivers - the catch? (£29.99) a year.

Is there anything I can do before I ask for my money back?

Thanks in advance

Personally, you dont need a find me non official driver suite to install your hardware.
If the manyfacturer put out a new firmware update for your drive, copy your model number down.
Search in bing and google and mostly yahooo for download firmware for model ****** -windows 3d- "sampling use here".
You'll find it more quickly than a 39.00 screwy driver update program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom