DVD Burner doesn't stops burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark03

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

I have an Asus DRW-1608P2 DVD-RW.
When I erase a DVD, it doesn't stop burning at all, even so the DVD is after 17 minutes earased. I can't stop the process with the taskmanager. I have to reboot.
When I burn a DVD it finishes "successfully" after 67 minutes! But when I abort the process after a regulary time of about 17 minutes ( Nero shows about 30% finished ) the DVD is already 100% copied.
First I thought it might be a technical problem with the rewriter, so I checked it at my second computer but it worked fine there.
I've tried to reinstall Nero, I tried it with Ulead and another free burner program, but always the same result. It doesn't stop burning.

The problem might be the DMA mode/PIO mode.
I'm not sure, but does Windows recognize a third primary channel? The DVD-RW is on the third primary master in the BIOS. The PIO is valued 4 as default. So I changed the PIO to 0 and changed the DMA from Auto to Ultra DMA. After I saved ( F10 ) the changes and rebooted the com, I tried a new burn but with the same result. I checked again the default settings of the RW in the BIOS but they didn't change.
What can I do?
Any help?

PT 4 630 3.0GHz
Asus P5LD2
Seagate HDD 80 GB
Windows XP Pro SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom