DVD burner acting weird...wont burn correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

truegamer129

Solid State Member
3 weeks ago i got a nice dell desktop with a toshiba-samsung cd/dvd burner (SATA, blazing fast). I burned a few cd's and a dvd with no problem but then i recently tried to put 4.1GB of music onto a dvd as a data file through itunes and it gave me an error, then i tried to do it with roxio and it burned it and said it finished but only put half of the songs on it. Also, i burned 60 images or so onto a data disk with windows and it was going fast and everything and then for the last few files it crept down to 200kb/s as opposed to the usual 8-10MB per second.

I am running windows vista by the way.

I do not run many programs when i try to burn stuff, and other than that this computer has been a joy to work with. No driver issues or anything with vista.

Do i just have a bad drive, or whats going on here?

i know this is insanely bumping a topic but thought i'd resolve this for anyone else....

running x64 screws something up with itunes (at least today) w/ 7.3 i think?

anyways, the solution to burning w/ itunes with this, go here (Driver Updates - GEAR Software, Multimedia Made Easy) and get the appropriate driver

idky but it works to fix the "No burner found" error or w/e it is exactly... kind of ****es me off but oh well right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom