DVD Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
Well today out of the 2 weeks that i have been back on windows i wanted to burn a cd for myself. Well i go in Nero and i also tried windows media player but it failed to work. And i dont know why its not working. This hasn't happened to me before and now it is and i need it fixed sadly.:mad: I dont want to have to buy a new one:mad:

you should provide more info if you want help ..
check your device manager / drivers etc..

Hey Dark_Sniper,

What anarchon meant was, we need to know what brand is your CD burner; which Windows; which drivers; etc. This is all necessary info for us to understand your system.

You said that you went into the device manager. Did you delete the drivers for the DVD/CD-ROM drives and then reboot. Windows will then detect new devices and install the drivers or ask for the CD with the drivers.

Also, check the manufacturer's website for updated firmware.

You can try a free CD/DVD burner called "CDBurner XP Pro"; not related to M$. Run a search for it in Google. It might help.

Good luck.

Its a NEC DVD-Burner windows Pro SP2, i delete the driver rebooted, reinstalled it. DIdnt work, tried it again witha updated version of the driver which i have installed right now and i keep getting error that it cant burn. When i boot into Nero to burn something i get a Burning Rom error which is this " Nero - Burning Rom has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is compatible with this version of Windows, contact Ahead Software." Everything is updated on this computer. then when i try to burn it fails and this is a log it gives me.if you want to see the log ill post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom