Dual Monitors - One of them has weird colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
So I have a 22" Samsung 226BW and added a Samsung 2263UW 22". Being a programmer and all, I love dual monitors!

But here's the issue, on the new monitor (refurbished fyi) certain colors look completely different on the new monitor. I know it has a contrast ratio of 8000:1 compared to 3000:1. The issue is anything that has a dark color (like Steam) looks like the colors are wrong. I truthfully don't know what color is right.

On the new monitor, Steam is a tan color rather then a gray color like on the other monitor. When I loaded up PhotoshopCS3, it said my color profile was corrupted. So I switched the color profile to a different one, but it didn't do anything. I ran the monitor's diagnostics, and did everything I could think of to get it to work. The only real differences is the other monitor isn't as bright as the new one. Any ideas?

EX: Jeep Forum - Jeep Enthusiast Network looks light tan (almost yellowish), with dark green headers, and yet on the old monitor it's more grayish then tan (don't really know the color truthfully hehe)

you might want to try changing the settings such as brightness, contrast ratio, or color temperature accordingly no each monitor so both monitors will display the same. If I were to get dual monitor, I would get both same brand and model as one may display differently.

Tried that, I'll mess with it again when I feel like it.. The new one sucks for gaming though, I see 16 bit looking textures where as my 226BW doesn't show that, just crisp colors :)

I'm going to hook up the VGA cord to see if that makes a difference.

Hmm, sounds like a duff panel to me. As you have a Nvidia card you might try the dual monitor setup wizard in the nvidia control panel, this, if I remember rightly, gives you a fairly handy set of manual configuration tasks.

Tried it. I think my monitor is f'ed. I guess I shouldn't of bought a refurbished monitor off ebay ;). It does the job though. Any other ideas?

Its a long shot but the monitor could be using a bad colour profile? or driver or something, might be worth downloading from the manufacturer. To be honest it sounds like a duff panel.

When I loaded Photoshop it said my color profile was corrupt. So I redid it with Samsung's Natural Color software, and changed it. It doesn't seem to do anything. I'm looking at pictures I took today, it seems like its more yellow for some reason. I wonder if the DVI input is bad? Changing color profiles doesn't seem to do anything. The screen doesn't flicker, nothing.

Did you try using the cable from the good monitor for the bad one? You never know, it might be the cable (I kinda doubt it), worth a try though.

Yes, I switched cables. Same thing. Yes, I tried the monitor by itself. I am now using it as a VGA device - same thing. Except it doesn't know the name of the device and it doesn't allow the proper resolution.. I guess it doesn't matter. I just use it for viewing databases, and having all the dialogs and stuff from visual studio on there to clear up my main monitor. I think it'd be better just to have a big 32" LCD or something :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom