Dual Monitors - One of them has weird colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get the other monitor to adjust right, but now my 226BW seems like it's too dark.. this is a pain in the arse. Hehe..

Yes, I switched cables. Same thing. Yes, I tried the monitor by itself. I am now using it as a VGA device - same thing. Except it doesn't know the name of the device and it doesn't allow the proper resolution.. I guess it doesn't matter. I just use it for viewing databases, and having all the dialogs and stuff from visual studio on there to clear up my main monitor. I think it'd be better just to have a big 32" LCD or something :p

only if it is a 30" monitor with 2560 x 1600 res. (lots of cash for these)
but a 32" tv would have the same rez as a 22-24" monitor.

Yea, that's true.

I noticed something today. I put a movie on and put it on the new monitor (2263uw), and in full screen mode I was seeing green dots flicker all over the place. They looked like dead pixels but were flickering all over the screen. Is this a sign of a bad panel should I be sending it back? It came from Canada :-\

I always use this little app to check out a new monitor:

Download for free IsMyLcdOK 1.01 - Check for dead/paralysed/stuck pixels on LC

if you're seeing problems with this app then you have a faulty monitor. Especially on the gradient screens (9 and 0) you should see faults.

And yes it does sound like a faulty panel, flickering green pixels, usually in vertical bands is absolutely typical of a faulty panel. (make sure the dvi cable is firmly in the back of the monitor however as that can also cause similar effects) or it is possible it could be graphics card artifacts but I don't buy that and thats very easy to test by swapping monitors.

I always use this little app to check out a new monitor:

Download for free IsMyLcdOK 1.01 - Check for dead/paralysed/stuck pixels on LC

if you're seeing problems with this app then you have a faulty monitor. Especially on the gradient screens (9 and 0) you should see faults.

And yes it does sound like a faulty panel, flickering green pixels, usually in vertical bands is absolutely typical of a faulty panel. (make sure the dvi cable is firmly in the back of the monitor however as that can also cause similar effects) or it is possible it could be graphics card artifacts but I don't buy that and thats very easy to test by swapping monitors.

Thanks, my video card - EVGA 8800 GT - runs video games perfectly. I average 40-80FPS on L4D, so I highly doubt it's artifacts from that. The EVGA is in fact the best card I ever owned. Now to figure how to force this program to run on the second monitor :)

Okay, I ran the program but I didn't see it. One thing I noticed is the whites on my older monitor are less white then the newer monitor (8000:1 compared to 3000:1), which I think is acceptable. I did notice a dead pixel that I had to sit 1" from the screen to even see it, so that is no big deal. I did see those green dots flickering around, though. But they disappeared as fast as they appeared..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom